Aug 15, 2022
EMB 155 - Media Production IICredits: 4
Builds on the body of knowledge gained in EMB 151 . Expands the knowledge and skill in composition of images and media, and integration of that media into finished productions. Introduces digital multimedia production, specifically Macintosh Computer systems and Final Cut Pro non-linear editors. Uses both studio and computer editing facilities to refine both audio and video production skills to develop and execute productions. Uses Television, Radio, and computer labs.
Prerequisite(s): EMB 151 with minimum grade of “C” (2.0).
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 45
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Comprehend and apply basic digital video camera operation and non-linear video and audio editing techniques.
- Perform video and audio editing nonlinear systems, specifically Apple computers and Final Cut Pro software.
- Build upon basic aesthetic editing techniques and styles developed in EMB 151 .
- Utilize digital video cameras in media acquisition for non-linear editing projects.
- Combine technique and technology to integrate various media elements in productions and determine appropriate use of those elements in producing finished projects.
- Identify audience needs and creative means of using audio and video production to communicate.
- Demonstrate practical differences and uses of various media formats.
- Increase proficiency, comprehension, and ability in producing media projects.
- Produce numerous digital projects utilizing multiple media sources.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)