Aug 11, 2022
ACC 217 - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) PreparationCredits: 1
Instructional Contact Hours: 1
Provides instruction in preparation of federal, state, and local individual income tax returns to prepare for practical experience in the preparation of these returns. Must also enroll in ACC 218 in Winter Semester for service learning to prepare income tax returns for qualifying community members through the VITA program. Credit may be earned in ACC 217 and ACC 218 , or ACC 216W.
Prerequisite(s): MATH LEVEL 3 and READING LEVEL 3
Corequisite(s): ACC 218 should be taken during the following Winter semester.
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Describe the characteristics of federal income tax returns.
- Describe key components of federal income tax returns (filing requirements, filing status, personal exemptions).
- Identify common federal taxable income and deduction items.
- Identify common federal tax credits.
- Describe the characteristics of state income tax returns.
- Describe the characteristics of local income tax returns.
- Demonstrate knowledge of income tax filing software.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)