May 18, 2022
FST 104W - Arson AwarenessCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 3
A comprehensive study of national, state and local arson problems. Examines the local fire department role in reducing arson related fire losses. Examines the duties of and assistance provided by governmental agencies and the private sector. Analyzes local fire statistics to enable the development of an arson data system. Develops effective arson mitigation strategies.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate selected skills needed to perform effectively within the fire service environment.
- Identify various fire causes and elements of each
- Describe various classifications of arson motives
- Identify arson control agencies
- Develop arson awareness program strategies to local needs
- Identify grant proposals and funding sources
- Describe effective use of media
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning.
- Write effectively for a specific purpose.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through writing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)