May 18, 2022
ENG 210 - English Internship IICredits: 2
Instructional Contact Hours: 2
Provides advanced hands-on experience through internship with approved off-site employer or organization with multimedia opportunities. Requires 10 hours per week under direct supervision of on-site internship coordinator.
Prerequisite(s): ENG 116 with a minimum grade of “C” and instructor approval
Lecture Hours: 0 Lab Hours: 150
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate advanced skills directly related to the individual internship in selected field of journalism and emerging media.
- Report, write and edit information for traditional and/or online media as directed by on-site internship facilitator.
- Perform related tasks as needed at the direction of on-site internship facilitator.
- Successfully complete at total of 150 hours of internship work within the scheduled semester.
- Provide weekly progress reports to Journalism and Emerging Media coordinator.
- Provide reflective self-examination of performance at the conclusion of the internship.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)