Aug 14, 2022
AUTO 102 - Automatic Transmission Level 1Credits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 4
Introduces inspection and fluid testing of many automatic transmissions. Practices NATEF tasks to MLR (maintenance and light repair) level related to automatic transmissions.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 18
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Complete general Automotive Transmission and Transaxle Level 1 NATEF tasks as listed below.
- Research applicable vehicle and service information, fluid type, vehicle service history, service precautions, and technical service bulletins.
- Check fluid level in a transmission or a transaxle equipped with a dip-stick.
- Check fluid level in a transmission or a transaxle not equipped with a dip-stick.
- Check transmission fluid condition; check for leaks.
- Complete In-Vehicle Transmission/Transaxle NATEF tasks:
- Inspect, adjust, and replace external manual valve shift linkage, transmission range sensor/switch, and park/neutral position switch.
- Inspect for leakage at external seals, gaskets, and bushings.
- Inspect power train mounts.
- Drain and replace fluid and filter(s).
- Complete Off-Vehicle Transmission and Transaxle NATEF tasks:
- Describe the operational characteristics of a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
- Describe the operational characteristics of a hybrid vehicle drive train.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)