May 18, 2022
ASEP 229 - Advanced Service AdvisingCredits: 2
Instructional Contact Hours: 4
Introduces advanced level skills needed to perform as a service consultant in a service repair facility. Emphasizes new car dealerships; however also benefits aftermarket shops as well.
Prerequisite(s): ASEP 219 with a minimum grade of “C”.
Lecture Hours: 60 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Introduce and practice skills needed to upsell customer pay, used car, and new car service work and accessories.
- Practice writing estimates including flat rate fees.
- Practice proper techniques needed to increase service volume.
- Discuss and evaluate several service marketing plans.
- Introduce and practice proper utilization of multi point checklist.
- Practice inspection of vehicle using checklist.
- Practice communicating results of checklist with customer.
- Practice a variety of ways to convey possible results of lack of repair.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)