May 22, 2022
ART 284 - TypographyCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 6
Provides an introduction to the fundamental aspects of typography. Identifies and applies the history of typography, vocabulary terms, and foundational typography techniques to a survey of typography design assignments.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify the foundations of Typography.
- Define and access typography design vocabulary, history, standard practices, and current industry trends.
- Construct critical dialogue and writing analysis of historical and contemporary type design works, in addition to student projects.
- Demonstrate industry practices used in typography design.
- Apply research and brainstorming techniques to industry standard typography design projects.
- Apply standard guidelines in custom typography creation for web and print design projects.
- Apply industry standard typography design software techniques to current type design industry scenarios.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)