Oct 06, 2022
ACC 230 - Payroll and Operational Business TaxesCredits: 2
Instructional Contact Hours: 2
Provides practical training regarding various federal, state, and local operational business taxes and the payroll process. Focuses on filing requirements and the completion of appropriate forms through the use of technology.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 212 with a “C” (2.0) minimum grade
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Describe governing authorities and legislative processes relating to common business taxes.
- Identify federal taxing authorities and legislative processes.
- Analyze common business taxes.
- Identify common types of federal, state, and local business taxes.
- Identify online and print resource guidance for common federal, state, and local business taxes.
- Analyze and interpret legislative guidance for common federal, state, and local business taxes.
- Prepare common business tax filings using appropriate forms and technology.
- Identify filing and payment methods of common federal, state, and local business tax obligations.
- Identify, analyze, and use paper and electronic methods to prepare common federal, state, and local business tax filings.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)