Oct 06, 2022
ACC 214 - Computerized AccountingCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 3
Introduces microcomputer applications in general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and inventory/invoicing. Outside laboratory assignments are required.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 211 with a “C” or better and familiarity with basic Microsoft Office products and Windows file management.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Use the basic components and operating characteristics of a typical small computer system.
- Manage files using various drives and the Internet.
- Access applications using the current operating system.
- Describe the use and benefits of a computer system for accountants.
- Describe the Accounting Information System in a business context.
- Apply basic accounting concepts and procedures.
- Use account normal balances to prepare journal entries.
- Use the accounting cycle to process transactions to financial statement.
- Apply basic accounting principles to process accounting information in an electronic format.
- Apply accounting procedures and methodologies through proper presentation of financial statements.
- Use an integrated accounting software package.
- Accomplish data entry of business accounting transactions.
- Process transactions involving the general ledger and various subsidiary ledgers.
- Produce financial statements and other accounting reports.
- Process typical transactions for service and merchandising business through the accounting cycle.
- Find and correct errors.
- Apply knowledge of accounting procedures and methodologies through completion of various accounting projects.
- Demonstrate a basic working knowledge of spreadsheet software as it integrates with accounting software.
- Present worksheet information appropriately.
- Manage multiple worksheets within one or more workbook.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting procedures and methodologies through presentation of financial statements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)