May 16, 2022
2017-2018 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Some restricted enrollment programs require completion of prerequisites and a validation process before registering. Currently these programs are:
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (please visit DMS for application requirements)
- Nursing RN (Full-time and Part-time)
- Nursing Transition Track (Licensed Paramedic or Practical Nursing to RN)
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nurse
- Respiratory Care
- Surgical Technology
Application and Validation
- Complete all prerequisite courses as specified in this catalog. All waivers and incomplete course work must be posted on your transcript prior to application for validation. Transcripts from transfer institutions must be received within two weeks after the semester in which you apply in order to be considered for validation.
- Obtain the Validation Application form from the Registrar's Office, Counseling, or online at Validation for Health Programs. Other documents may be required such as observation forms as defined by the particular program. Check for these requirements by contacting your program coordinator or by accessing your program’s portal site.
- Complete and submit the Validation Application to the Registrar’s Office any time during the semester in which you will complete your prerequisites.
You may be validated and eligible for one program only.
- Registrar’s Office personnel will process your completed Validation Application. You will receive the results of your validation evaluation through your Delta email.
- Validation Applications will be validated only by Registrar’s Office staff and processed no later than 30 days after the application deadline.
- Qualified students will be assigned a semester and year of validation which will be entered into the student’s computer record (e.g., 17F or 18W or 18S).
- Nonqualified students must submit another Validation Application after successfully completing all required prerequisites and other qualifications.
- A student MUST waitlist themselves EACH semester your clinical program starts in order to remain on the validation list.
If the wait to enter a program exceeds three years, you must gain entry within the earliest possible time frame by attempting to register for program entry in order to be maintained on the validation list. Notification will be sent indicating when you will be dropped from the validation list.
After your validation eligibility expires, a new Validation Application must be submitted prior to attempting to register for the clinical sequence. You must have successfully completed all prerequisites/qualifications required at the time the new Application is submitted; this may require you to take additional or repeat course work to meet the defined requirements of the program.
Delta College reserves the right to modify validation and registration procedures for programs based on demand for enrollment.
- A special registration will be held for validated students to enter the restricted enrollment courses of these programs. Check online at Clinical Registration for special registration dates, times, and offerings. Special registrations are usually held in June for Fall semester, and November for Winter semester.
- For the registration process, every student will waitlist themselves and at the end of the registration period the computer system will rank order students based on several criteria. A cumulative score will be obtained by ranking the semester of validation, grades earned in selected courses as required in your program, residency status, giving preference to in-district students, total credits taken at Delta College, and overall GPA earned at Delta College. If a tie exists, the higher overall GPA will break the tie. Students will be registered based on the computer ranking.
- Each validation program semester and registration must be verfied before being considered official.
- Students not making payment by the due date (same as the first due date specified for all other students participating in registration) or voluntarily cancelling will be deleted from courses.
- Open positions that result from the above deletions or cancellations will be filled by students on the registration waiting list.
- Students will retain their validation through the first week of class and may not validate for another program during this time. After the first week of class, students who remain in the program, as well as students who drop, lose their validation and must resubmit a new Validation Application if they wish to be reconsidered for program entry.
Special Health Program Procedures
- Repeat students will be admitted in compliance with program re-entry procedures as outlined in specific program handbooks.
- After completion of the special registration, registered students may be required to attend clinical orientation sessions. Alternates may be invited to these sessions. Orientation information is listed online under Orientation Dates under Clinical Registration.