Program Code: DE.30710
Dual associate degrees are available in several Health curricula and the Automotive Service Technology curricula with the General Management Program. Your diploma will list both the Associate in Applied Science Degree and the Associate in Business Studies Degree.
You will need to earn the required number of credits for your Associate in Applied Science Degree plus 24 credits from the courses below for the Associate in Business Studies Dual Degree.
If you have earned a degree previously, you may not use courses from that degree to satisfy the requirements of a Dual Degree. It is possible that your previous degree may have included one or more of the required business courses. You do not have to retake such classes, but must replace them from the list of approved business courses under the dual degree to complete the additional 24 credits by instruction at Delta College.
Total Semester Credits: 14
Total Semester Credits: 16
Total Semester Credits: 12
Winter Second Year:
- COM 112W - Public Speaking Credits: 3
- LWA 108 - Weight Training Credits: 1
Choose 1 LWA credit from: LWA 101 , LWA 106 , LWA 108 , or LWA 111
- LWA 151 - Kick Boxing Credits: 1
Choose 1-1.5 credits from: LWA 151 , LWA 152 , LWA 153 , LWA 154W , LWA 157 .
- LWA 156W - Stability Ball Training Credits: 1
- LWA 158 - Pilates Credits: 1
- LWT 240 - Health Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer Credits: 4
- POL 103W - American Politics Credits: 3
POL 105W , POL 212W , POL 215W , POL 220W , POL 221W , POL 223W , POL 225W , POL 228W , HIS 221W , HIS 222W or HIS 237W can be taken in place of POL 103W
Total Semester Credits: 14
Total Semester Credits: 6
Total Semester Credits: 13
Winter Third Year:
- ELE – Electives Credits: 8-9
Take 8-9 credits of electives from the following: ACC 212 , ACC 214 , CST 105 , CST 145 , CST 151 , CST 155 , CST 257 , ECN 221W , MGT 110 , MGT 145 , MGT 243 , MGT 251W , MGT 256 , MGT 257W , OAT 152 , PHL 203W , or PHL 210W
- MGT 245 - Principles of Management Credits: 3
Total Semester Credits: 11
- In addition to completing all the courses for an approved applied science program (see above), you must complete a minimum of 24 credits by instruction at Delta College.
- If a student has already earned credit in one or more of the required courses, the student will select other courses from the list of electives to total 24 credits.
- A minimum grade of “C” (2.0 or higher) is required in BIO, HSC, LW, LWA, and LWT courses.
- If you are anticipating pursuing a Baccalaureate Degree BIO 152W and BIO 153W are required for most transfer programs in place of BIO 140W . PSY 211W is requrired for most transfer programs in place of PSY 101W .
- LWT 214 , LWT 230 , and LWT 242 are offered in the Fall only. LWT 240 and LWT 255 are offered in the Winter only.
- Current CPR certification is required for LWT 240 , LWT 242 , and LWT 260 . Current CPR certification must be in place and maintained by the start of these courses. American Heart Association is preferred, and this can be achieved in LWT 165 , LWT 170 , or HSC 140 .
You will be required to take the National Strength and Conditioning (NSCA) Certified Personal Trainer Exam while taking LWT 240 Health Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer.
You will be required to take the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor Certification Exam while taking LWT 242 Group Fitness Instructor.
In addition to tuition, fees, and textbook costs, you are responsible for the fees for the NSCA and ACE examinations. You may have to purchase special shoes, shirts, nametags, and provide transportation to all internship sites.
- You need to be aware that internship assignments may be outside the local area.
- See Graduation Requirements and Michigan Transfer Agreement requirements.