Feb 21, 2019
Program Code: DE.30550
Dual associate degrees are available in several Health curricula and the Automotive Service Technology curricula with the General Management Program. Generally, the requirements are completed simultaneously; however, the business courses normally will be completed prior to beginning your clinical sequence. Your diploma will list both the Associate in Applied Science Degree and the Associate in Business Studies Degree.
You will need to earn the required number of credits for your Associate in Applied Science Degree plus 24 credits from the courses below for the Associate in Business Studies Dual Degree.
If you have earned a degree previously, you may not use courses from that degree to satisfy the requirements of a Dual Degree. It is possible that your previous degree may have included one or more of the required business courses. You do not have to retake such classes, but must replace them from the list of approved business courses under the dual degree to complete the additional 24 credits by instruction at Delta College.
Fall First Year:
- BIO 152W - Human Anatomy & Physiology I Credits: 4
BIO 240 AND BIO 241 can be taken in place of BIO 152W AND BIO 153W
- ENG 111 - College Composition I Credits: 3
ENG 111A ,ENG 111B , ENG 111C , or ENG 111H can be taken in place of ENG 111
- HSC 105 - Medical Terminology Credits: 2
- LW 220W - Lifelong Wellness Credits: 1
Any 2 credit LW course may be taken in place of LW 220W or LWA — course
- POL 103W - American Politics Credits: 3
POL 105W , POL 212W , POL 215W , POL 220W , POL 221W , POL 223W , POL 225W , POL 228W , HIS 221W , HIS 222W , or HIS 237W can be taken in place of POL 103W
- PSY 101W - Applied Psychology Credits: 3
PSY 211W or SOC 211W can be taken in place of PSY 101W
Total Semester Credits: 16
Total Semester Credits: 17
Total Semester Credits: 13
Winter Second Year:
- ELE – Approved Electives Credits: 8
Take 8 credits of electives from the following: ACC 212 , ACC 214 , CST 104 , CST 105 , CST 151 or CST 155 , CST 204 , CST 257 , ECN 221W , MGT 110 , MGT 145 , MGT 243 , MGT 251W , MGT 256 , MGT 257W , OAT 152 , PHL 203W , or PHL 210W
- MGT 245 - Principles of Management Credits: 3
Total Semester Credits: 11
Fall First Year Clinical:
Total Semester Credits: 18
Winter First Year Clinical:
Total Semester Credits: 15
- In addition to completing all the courses for an approved applied science program (see above), you must complete a minimum of 24 credits by instruction at Delta College.
- If a student has already earned credit in one or more of the required courses, the student will select other courses from the list of electives to total 24 credits.
- Student re-entry procedures are printed in the handbook given to all clinical students.
- Credits required for a dual degree vary according to the chosen curricula.