Dec 08, 2021
Program Code: AAS.15464
A degree in Chemical Technology may transfer or could lead to a position with area employers as a Technologist. As a Chemical Technologist, you will operate many kinds of laboratory instruments, be involved with data collection and analysis, technical report writing, and research projects. This Associate in Applied Science program includes core courses that allow flexibility in choosing a technical focus. Degrees in Water/Wastewater Treatment Technology, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Clinical Laboratory Science, or Engineering may also be pursued using most of the credits from this program.
Total Semester Credits: 15
Total Semester Credits: 18
Total Semester Credits: 17
Total Semester Credits: 14
- It is highly recommended that students take SCI 107 early in their coursework.
- A minimum of two credits is required for SCI 250 . However, in consultation with faculty, a research project for up to 6 credits may be chosen.
- PHY 101 , PHY 111 , and PHY 211 may transfer as Physics or Science credit only, depending on the institution.
- PHY 101 is not recommended for students who wish to take PHY 112 or PHY 212 . Students wishing to take PHY 112 should enroll in PHY 111 . Students wishing to take PHY 212 should enroll in PHY 211 .
- Humanities courses must be completed in at least two different subject areas. Consult Graduation Requirements for a list of approved Humanities courses.
- SCI 250 - Research Project In Science is offered on a continual basis through individual instruction with Chemistry faculty mentors.
- You may be eligible for the MTA certificate. Consult the current catalog for requirements.
- To have MTA placed on your transcript, fill out a MTA Request Form at the Records Office with the Graduation Request.
- Recommended Electives: BIO 274 , CHM 221 , MTH 121 , MTH 151 , MTH 161 , WET 110 , or WET 112 .
- COM 114W can be taken in place of COM 112W
- CST 134 can be taken in place of CST 133W
- ENG 111A , ENG 111 , ENG 111C , or ENG 111H can be taken in place of ENG 111
- ENG 112 , ENG 112A , or ENG 112H can be taken in place of ENG 113
- MTH 209W can be taken in place of MTH 208W
- Any 1 credit LW and LWA or 2 credit LW can be taken in place of LW 223W
- POL 105W , POL 212W , POL 215W , POL 220W , POL 221W , POL 223W , POL 225W , POL 228W , HIS 221W , HIS 222W or HIS 237W can be taken in place of POL 103W
- PHY 101 or PHY 211 can be taken in place of PHY 111
- BIO 111W , BIO 171 , BIO 199 , BIO 199H , BIO 203W , PHY 112 , or PHY 212 can be taken in place of BIO 110W