Program Code: AS.40000
This degree is designed to allow you to complete required general education courses, introductory courses for your intended program of study at a college or university. This degree is primarily intended for student seeking to complete a bachelors, or higher, program of study. It is crucial to consult with a Counselor or Academic Advisor on proper course selections to align with your ultimate transfer and career goals. Fulfilling the required thirty credit (30) core courses may meet the requirements for the MTA (Michigan Transfer Agreement) articulation agreement. Please consult Registration and Academic Policies and Information , a Counselor or Advisor or visit our webpage at: www.delta.edu for more information
- COM – Any COM course from approved list Credits: 3
- – Additional Humanities Electives from approved list below Credits: 5
Minimum Credits: 8
- POL or HIS Foudational Civics course from approved list Credits: 3/4
- – Additional Social Science Electives from approved list below Credits: 4/5
Minimum Credits: 8
- – Natural Science with Lab from approved list Credits: 3/5
- MTH – Mathematics from approved list Credits: 3/4
- – Additional Natural Science Electives from approved list below Credits: 11/14
Minimum Credits: 20
- ENG – Any Approved College Composition I Course Credits: 3
- ENG – Any Approved College Compositions II Course Credits: 3
Minimum Credits: 6
The Above Completes 42 Core Credits
- LW – Any Lifelong Wellness Course(s) from approved list Credits: 2
- – Additional Credits Credits: 18
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Civic Engagement
Complete one of the following Civic Engagement options in addition to the Foundational Civics courses listed above.
- Designated Service Learning course across the curriculum (SL) will appear after the course designation.
- A Social Sciences Civic Engagement project (1 credit). A faculty member must supervise this project, either as a project tied to a course, or as individualized instruction.
- A course that includes the civic engagement project in its outcome and objectives. These courses include: POL 105W , HIS 237W , IHU 120W /SSI 120W and IHU 240W /SSI 240W .
Note: POL 105W and HIS 237W will satisfy the Foundational Civics and Civic Engagement graduation requirement.
- Approved COM Courses List: COM 112W , COM 114W , COM 202W , COM 212W , COM 214W , COM 215W , COM 222 , COM 224W , COM 235W , COM 236W , COM 244W or COM 245W .
- Approved Foundational Civics Courses List: POL 103W , POL 105W , POL 212W , POL 215W , POL 220W , POL 221W , POL 223W , POL 225W , POL 228W , POL 229W , POL 232W , HIS 221W , HIS 222W or HIS 237W .
- Approved Lifelong Wellness Courses List: LW 221W , or LW 222 , or LW 223W (2-3 credits) or; LW 206A , or LW 220W (1 credit) and LWA course (1 credit) or; LWT 230 , or LWT 242 or LWT 251 (3-4 credits).
- Approved Mathematics Courses List: MTH 120 , MTH 121 , MTH 122W , MTH 151 , MTH 153 , MTH 160 , MTH 161 , MTH 162 , MTH 208W , MTH 209W , MTH 260 , MTH 261 , MTH 263 , MTH 264 or MTH 290-299 .
- Complete 8 credits from two different disciplines in Humanities from the approved course list below:
- American Sign Language (ASL): All
- Art (ART): All except: ART 113 & ART 289
- Communication (COM): All
- Electronic Media Broadcasting (EMB): EMB 140 , EMB 175W , EMB 211W , EMB 227 or EMB 229W only
- English (ENG): ENG 120 , ENG 214 , ENG 253 , ENG 254 , or ENG 256 only
- French (FR): All
- German (GE): All
- History (HIS): HIS 111W & HIS 112W *only; HIS 111W & HIS 112W May be counted as either a Humanities or a Social Science, but not both.
- Interdisciplinary Humanities (IHU): All, may be counted as either a Humanities or a Social Sciences, but not both.
- Music (MUS): All except MUS 138
- Philosophy (PHL): All
- Spanish (SPA): All
- Social Sciences Interdisciplinary (SSI): SSI 110W , SSI 232W & SSI 234W only; may be counted as either Humanities or a Social Sciences, but not both.
- Complete 8 credits from two different disciplines in Social Sciences from the approved course list below:
- Economics (ECN): All
- History (HIS): All; HIS 111W & HIS 112W may be counted as either a Humanities or a Social Science but not both.
- Geography (GEO): All except GEO 103W , GEO 111W , GEO 261 & GEO 267
- Interdisciplinary Humanities (IHU): IHU 110W only
- Political Science (POL): All
- Psychology (PSY): All
- Sociology (SOC): All except SOC 157, SOC 158 , & SOC 300
- Social Sciences Interdisciplinary (SSI): All, may be counted as either a Humanities or a Social Sciences, but not both.
- Technical Trades Interdisciplinary (TTI): TTI 100W only
- Complete 17 credits from two different disciplines with one course that counts as a lab in Natural Science from approved course list below:
Natural Sciences Courses that count as a lab science (choose at least one ):
- Astronomy (AST): AST 111L provided credit has been earned for AST 111
- Biology (BIO): Any BIO that is at least three (3) credit hours excluding: BIO 101W , BIO 199 , BIO 199H , BIO 230W *, BIO 271 , BIO 274 & BIO 290-299
- Chemistry (CHM): All excluding: CHM 210 , CHM 220 , CHM 221 , CHM 231 , CHM 290 – 299
- Geography (GEO): GEO 103W & GEO 111W
- Geology (GLG): GLG 111 , GLG 112 , GLG 118 , GLG 130 , & GLG 230
- Physical Science (PSC): PSC 101 & PSC 102
- Physics (PHY): PHY 101 , PHY 111 , PHY 112 , PHY 211 , & PHY 212
Natural Science Courses that do not count as a lab science:
- Astronomy (AST): AST 111 , AST 290-299
- Biology (BIO): BIO 101W , BIO 199 ,BIO 199H , BIO 230W *, BIO 271 , BIO 274 , BIO 280 , BIO 290-299 or any BIO course which is only one (1) or two (2) credit hours.
- Chemistry (CHM): CHM 210 , CHM 220 , CHM 221 , CHM 231 , CHM 290 – 299
- Computer Science and Information Technology: (CST) CST 183 & CST 283
- Environmental Science (ENV): ENV 310W & ENV 320W only
- Geography (GEO): GEO 261 & GEO 267 only
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS): GIS 101
- Geology (GLG): GLG 102 , GLG 115 , GLG 122 , GLG 123 , GLG 125 , GLG 262W , GLG 266 , GLG 267 , GLG 268 & GLG 290-299
- Interdisciplinary Science (SCI): SCI 250 & SCI 290-299 only
- Mathematics (MTH): MTH 120 , MTH 121 , MTH 122W , MTH 151 , MTH 153 , MTH 160 , MTH 161 , MTH 162 , MTH 208W , MTH 209W , MTH 260 , MTH 261 , MTH 263 , MTH 264 , or MTH 290-299
- Physical Science (PSC): PSC 290-299
- Physics (PHY): PHY 213 & PHY 290-299
- Sociology (SOC): SOC 230W only*
* Note: HIS 111W & HIS 112W , may be included in either Humanities or Social Sciences groups, but may not be counted in both. BIO 230W & SOC 230W may be included in Social Sciences or Natural Sciences, but may not be counted in both. Credit may be earned in PSY 300W or SOC 300W but not both.