Jun 17, 2019
ART 231 - Ceramics ICredits: 3
Identifies, demonstrates, and discusses basic clay hand building techniques and surface design. Interprets and analyzes various processes of traditional and contemporary ceramic styles. Employs a variety of methods to produce ceramic vessels and objects.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify historically relevant ceramic styles or processes.
- Discuss formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various ceramic traditions.
- Summarize formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various ceramic styles.
- Demonstrate various technical clay construction methods to produce ceramic objects.
- Interpret various methods of fabricating ceramic vessels and objects.
- Apply relevant concurrent technologies to produce ceramic vessels and objects.
- Use ceramic glazing and surface design techniques.
- Apply ceramic glazes, oxidization, marbling, and slip to produce surface designs on three-dimensional clay vessels and objects.
- Summarize critical analysis of ceramic concepts.
- Analyze applied ceramic concepts through written critiques.
- Analyze applied ceramic concepts through oral critiques.
[Add to Portfolio]