May 25, 2019
ART 218 - Painting IICredits: 3
Discusses relevant classical, modern and contemporary painting concepts and techniques. Constructs paintings based on self-devised painting styles and methods. Analyzes critically and defends individual painting portfolio.
Prerequisite(s): ART 217
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Discuss relevant schools and traditions.
- Identify formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various painting styles.
- Summarize formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various painting styles.
- Construct paintings based on self-devised painting styles or methods.
- Assess learned painting methods.
- Demonstrate synthesis of ideas and painting methods.
- Argue application of painting concepts.
- Defend applied painting concepts through written critique.
- Defend applied painting concepts through oral critique.
[Add to Portfolio]