Aug 18, 2018
ARC 118 - AutoCAD ApplicationsCredits: 3
Uses and expands on commands learned in ARC 114 , AutoCAD Basics. Accomplishes this through the development of various additional working drawings such as elevations, sections and details.
Prerequisite(s): ARC 114
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic AutoCAD commands.
- Illustrate concepts of file management
- Draw lines using multiple methods
- Use line manipulation commands to build components
- Utilize hatch and other fill techniques
- Incorporate dimensioning in drawings
- Complete drawing setup in preparation for plotting
- Derive a sectional view from an existing floorplan.
- Interpret structure to devise an accurate section view
- Use AutoCAD commands to translate from plan to section
- Analyze structural information as it relates to new section
- Conceptualize elevations from floorplan.
- Formulate an impression of the exterior from floorplan
- Use AutoCAD commands to translate from plan to elevation
- Use template techniques to build basis for elevations
- Embellish elevation with AutoCAD symbols and hatching
- Construct representative details.
- Isolate critical areas needing clarification by detail
- Use scaling operations to draw detail at a larger scale
- Investigate structural data to complete accurate details
[Add to Portfolio]