Mar 19, 2019
ARC 101 - Materials and Methods of ConstructionCredits: 3
Introduces basic construction materials; properties, recommended use, space requirements, methods of finishing, building code implications, and energy conservation applications.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify the primary residential building components.
- Draw and label a cross section of typical residential platform frame construction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fasteners.
- Demonstrate the specification and application of construction fasteners.
- Communicate basic terminology, technology, and application of primary construction units.
- Demonstrate knowledge and applications of:
- Masonry units
- Concrete products
- Insulation and ventilation
- Roofing material
- Plywood and composite material
- Interior finish material
- Truss manufacturing and application
[Add to Portfolio]