May 22, 2019
WELD 108 - Exploratory Gas Metal Arc WeldingCredits: 1
Discusses general safety, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) safety, welding terms and definitions, electrode and gas selection. Includes laboratory exercises in starting an arc and running beads.
Lecture Hours: 10 Lab Hours: 5
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Understand the theory of Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW).
- Describe the significance of this welding process in manufacturing and industry.
- Discuss relationships with other welding processes.
- Demonstrate appropriate safety practices and procedures.
- Describe the value of the use of safety equipment.
- Identify proper protective equipment.
- Apply safety procedures in all laboratory activities.
- Demonstrate appropriate equipment operation.
- Describe the importance of proper equipment set-up.
- Apply proper procedures when setting up equipment.
- Demonstrate proper techniques to complete a tack weld on carbon steel.
- Descri be the value of proper body positioning, and tacking.
- Apply tac k welds.
[Add to Portfolio]