May 23, 2019
ENV 151W - HAZWOPER TrainingCredits: 2.7
Involves hands-on training in the use of personal protective equipment, monitoring and sampling techniques, and decontamination techniques relative to hazardous materials in the workplace. Emphasizes rationale for following specific procedures, evaluations, relative merits of equipment and materials used. Establishes criteria for evaluation of field experience. Meets requirements of 40 hour HAZWOPER training. May be offered through Delta College Corporate Services or credit by prior experience as reviewed by the Science Division. (Cannot be counted toward Natural Science credit.)
Prerequisite(s): READING LEVEL 2 and WRITING LEVEL 2 and MATH LEVEL 2
Lecture Hours: 40 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Student will comply with requirements under OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 40-hour training.
- Site control and zoning
- Site hazard recognition
- Medical surveillance
- Contingency planning
- Personal protective equipment
- Drum sampling
- Confined space entry
- Chemical safety
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning.
- Write effectively for a specific audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through writing.
[Add to Portfolio]