Feb 19, 2020
ENG 111B - College Composition ICredits: 3
Develops fluent, effective, and confident writers. Practices the process of composing; generating ideas; shaping and evaluating writing. Uses reading and language awareness to further the development of writing. ENG 111B is intended to only be taken in a learning community combination. Credit may be earned in only one of: ENG 111 , ENG 111A , ENG 111B, ENG 111C or ENG 111H .
Prerequisite(s): Prerequisites will be set by the corequisite courses
Corequisite(s): As designated in relevant Learning Community.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 15
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Write effectively for appropriate rhetorical situations.
- Use the writing process: pre-write, write, and revise.
- Write with clarity.
- Select, organize, and present details to support a main idea.
- Use generalizations and details effectively.
- Read effectively.
- Demonstrate the ability to derive meaning of text from multiple perspectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to distinguish between the meaning one makes of a text and the author's intended purpose.
- Show comprehension by accurately paraphrasing and summarizing a wide variety of texts.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Explore the relationships among language, knowledge, and power.
- Develop critical thinking skills and apply them to reading texts.
- Demonstrate intermediate skills for information literacy, including accessing, analyzing, and using resources.
Add to Portfolio