Jun 18, 2019
CST 151 - Spreadsheet FundamentalsCredits: 2
Surveys Microsoft Excel including evaluation of spreadsheets, database applications, graphics, report formatting, and macros as applied to small business and industrial settings. Credit may be earned in either CST 151 or CST 155 , but not both.
Prerequisite(s): MATH LEVEL 2 and OAT 171 with a “C” or higher
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Recognize and use the components of the Excel window.
- Ues basic spreadsheet file operations.
- Apply features found in groups within the tabs on the ribbon.
- Use and modify the Quick Access toolbar.
- Use the Help feature.
- Use shortcut menus.
- Use the scroll bar.
- Use the formula bar.
- Use the status bar.
- Use viewing buttons.
- Create and print worksheets.
- Plan, design, build, and review a worksheet.
- Enter labels, values, and formulas.
- Edit cell entries.
- Demonstrate skill in enhancing a worksheet.
- Change font and font style and apply font effects.
- Add borders and shading.
- Create and print headers and footers.
- Copy formulas.
- Identify relative and absolute cell references.
- Format numbers.
- Create and print charts, illustrations, and tables.
- Create charts, illustrations, and tables.
- Specify titles, legends, and axis labels.
- Preview and print charts, illustrations, and tables.
- Use built-in functions.
- Use the SUM, AVG, COUNT, MAX, and MIN functions.
- Use various financial functions.
- Use various date and time functions.
- Use various logical functions.
- Use various lookup and reference functions.
- Create and use macros.
- Record, place, and play a macro.
- Name a macro and create a macro button.
- Edit and debug a macro.
- Create and use a worksheet database.
- Create a database.
- Sort data and queries in a database.
- Find records in a database.
- Combine and integrate worksheet applications.
- Combine and link multiple worksheets.
- Paste, link, and embed objects between various software applications.
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the workplace.
- Participate in class.
- Follow written and oral directions.
- Complete and submit assignments on time.
- Participate constructively in activities.
[Add to Portfolio]