Jan 17, 2022
OAT 268 - Administrative Office PracticesCredits: 3
Develops advanced office skills through the integration of MS Office programs and the use of Internet, e-mail, and electronic calendaring activities. Provides opportunities for problem solving, decision-making, and teamwork.
Prerequisite(s): CST 147 , CST 151 , OAT 151 , OAT 160 , OAT 172 , all with a C (2.0) grade minimum.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to complete projects in work groups.
- Analyze projects into component parts.
- Give and receive constructive criticism.
- Determine priorities for activities in project.
- Complete and assemble a project of professional-quality material.
- Integrate skills developed in prerequisite classes to accomplish assigned tasks or projects.
- Use hardware and software typically encountered in an office setting.
- Use standard formatting models to create business documents.
- Use a variety of resources to accomplish work-related tasks.
- Recognize and apply the principles of standard written English to various forms of business communication.
- Demonstrate quantitative literacy.
- Demonstrate keyboarding skill that meets or exceeds current industry standards.
- Demonstrate, through both internal and external measures, skill attainment and flow measures that meet or exceed current industry-recognized standards for the administrative office professional.
- Demonstrate the ability to use other office skills.
- Explain basic business etiquette.
- Use e-mail method for some assignments.
- Use Internet for research.
- Use electronic calendaring and scheduling.
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the workplace.
- Attend class promptly and consistently.
- Follow written and oral directions.
- Complete and submit assignments on time.
- Participate constructively in classroom activities.
- Display civility toward other class members and the instructor.
- Demonstrate academic integrity.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)