Jan 17, 2022
LSP 260 - Legal Support Internship ICredits: 1
Completion of all Legal Support Professional required courses prior to this course is highly recommended. Requires forty (40) hours of work experience in a law or law-related office.
Prerequisite(s): ENG 111 or OAT 151 , LSP 110W , LSP 115 , LSP 120 all with a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) and permission of LSP Coordinator
Lecture Hours: 0 Lab Hours: 15
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Practice procedures to assist in a legal setting.
- Draft and answer complaints, interrogatories, and requests for production of documents.
- Perform investigation and fact-gathering.
- Perform data organization, control, and recovery.
- Draft motions, requests for admission, mediation summaries, and judgments.
- Prepare for and assist at trial.
- Prepare for appeal.
- Arrange for transfer of asset ownership in accordance with estate plans.
- Use the law library for legal research including computer-assisted legal research.
- Locate and interpret applicable statutory and case law.
- Organize research and write a legal memorandum summarizing findings.
- Schedule appointments and depositions.
- Handle general office correspondence including telephone usage.
- Maintain follow-up systems including due dates for documents to be filed.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)