Jan 18, 2022
FST 338W - Contemporary Issues In The Fire ServiceCredits: 3
Examines issues having impact on the fire service to include past, present and future concerns and trends. Discusses current political, policies, practices, deployment and events within the fire service and related professions and technologies.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Become aware of issues that have or will impact the fire service through discussions, debates, research and American Heat Videos or similar productions.
- Examine issues that have impacted or resulted in change in the industry within the recent past
- Evaluate current events through videos, discussion, debates, research and reports
- Examine trends and focus of public fire protection
- Explain issues or events that have brought about improvements and/or increased productivity in their department or the fire service 1E. Identify future trends, politics and direction of the fire service
- Explain the interaction with other organizations/agencies and associated problems
- Perform writing tasks to promote learning.
- Write effectively for a specific audience and purpose.
- Demonstrate the learning of concepts through writing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)