Aug 05, 2021
ENG 111 - College Composition ICredits: 3
Develops fluent, effective, and confident writers. Practices the process of composing; generating ideas; shaping and evaluating writing. Uses reading and language awareness to further the development of writing. Credit may be earned in only one of: ENG 111, ENG 111A , ENG 111B , ENG 111C or ENG 111H .
Prerequisite(s): READING LEVEL 4 and WRITING LEVEL 4
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Write effectively for appropriate rhetorical situations.
- Use the writing process: pre-write, write, and revise.
- Write with clarity.
- Select, organize, and present details to support a main idea.
- Use generalizations and details effectively.
- Use writing tasks that involve both reading and writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to derive meaning from a piece of reading.
- Demonstrate the ability to distinguish between the meaning one makes of a text and the author's intended meaning.
- Paraphrase and summarize accurately.
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Explore the relationships among language, knowledge, and power.
- Assess the progress revealed in a body of work.
- Develop critical thinking skills and apply them to reading texts.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)