May 20, 2018
ART 286 - Digital AnimationCredits: 3
Introduces the fundamentals of digital animation. Identifies and applies various digital animation techniques to a survey of projects using industry standard digital animation software.
Prerequisite(s): ART 241 or ART 242 with a grade of “C” or higher
Lecture Hours: 0 Lab Hours: 90
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify the foundations of digital animation.
- Define web design vocabulary, history, standard practices, and current industry trends.
- Construct critical dialogue and written analysis of historical and contemporary digital animation works current and future technology, and student projects.
- Demonstrate industry standard tools, practices, and current technology used in digital animation.
- Apply research, brainstorming, character development, and story boarding techniques to digital animation projects.
- Apply standard techniques of effective digital animation file preparation.
- Apply industry standard digital animation software techniqes to a survey of relevant digital animation industry scenarios.
[Add to Portfolio]