Dec 11, 2017
ART 225W - Advanced PhotographyCredits: 3
Expands artistic and professional tools. Adds advanced technical skills in camera and lighting to develop an individual photographic style. Uses film and digital photography assignments emphasizing experimentation in multiple areas including “in camera” compositing, professional artificial lighting techniques, non-traditional cameras, and color management techniques. Students will supply their own camera. Credit may be earned in only one of: ART 102, ART 206, or ART 225W.
Prerequisite(s): ART 224 and ART 241
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Create an individual photographic style.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various photographic techniques.
- Apply the formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various photographic techniques.
- Demonstrate various advanced photographic methods and techniques to produce body of photographic work.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of photographic aesthetics.
- Proficiently interpret various methods of constructing photographic images.
- Apply research and creative problem solving techniques to photographic projects.
- Apply relevant concurrent advanced and experimental technologies to produce photographs.
- Critically analyze using photographic concepts.
- Analyze using applied photographic concepts through written and verbal critiques of photographs.
- Evaluate using applied photographic concepts through written and verbal critiques of photographs.
[Add to Portfolio]