Jul 17, 2019
ART 224 - PhotographyCredits: 3
Identifies, demonstrates, and discusses photographic concepts and techniques. Interprets and analyzes various processes from traditional to contemporary photographic styles. Employs concurrent technologies. Course intended for Art and Design Majors. Credit may be earned in only one of ART 101, ART 206, or ART 224.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: Humanities
Outcomes and Objectives
- Identify art historically relevant photographic styles and processes.
- Discuss formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various photographic styles.
- Summarize formal, technical, and pedagogical aspects of various photographic styles.
- Demonstrate various photographic methods and techniques to produce a photograph.
- Interpret various methods of constructing photographic images.
- Apply relevant concurrent technologies to produce photographs.
- Evaluate critical analysis of photographic concepts.
- Analyze applied photographic concepts through written critiques of photographs.
- Analyze applied photographic concepts through oral critiques of photographs.
[Add to Portfolio]