Nov 15, 2018
ARC 106 - Architectural Drafting IICredits: 4
Introduction to construction drawing organization. Development of coordinated drawings for one small building with emphasis on application of notes, dimensions, and development of graphic skills. Includes a study of CAD techniques and the use of the computer for drawing production, storage and retrieval, development of selected architectural details relating to foundation, floor, wall, and roof assemblies, with emphasis on energy conservation.
Prerequisite(s): ARC 105 or permission of instructor.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 45
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Draw floor plan at 1/4” scale.
- Represent typical wall thicknesses
- Insert required doors and windows
- Insert required appliances and fixtures
- Insert suitable dimensioning
- Apply suitable architectural notes
- Use suitable title block and border
- Draw roof plan at 1/4” scale.
- Establish overhang line
- Establish all potential ridge locations
- Draw all hip and valley lines
- Resolve all hip, valley, and ridge lines
- Draw 1/4” cross sections.
- Determine the locations for cross sections
- Cut the section and show all appropriate roof lines, wall lines, floor lines, and interior elements visible in the section
- Apply appropriate dimensions to cross sections
- Apply appropriate architectural notes to cross sections
- Draw large scale wall section.
- Select the most typical wall section
- Draw all wall materials at actual size, at appropriate scale
- Apply appropriate notes and dimensions
- Apply suitable material textures to elements shown in cut section
- Draw floor framing plan at 1/4” scale.
- Determine location and spacing of each floor joist and shall draw appropriately on framing plan
- Determine location and spacing of structural beams and shall place them in the appropriate location on the framing plan
- Appropriately dimension the overall frame dimensions and the location of floor openings
- Determine locations for double or triple framing members for unusual loads under equipment or around openings
- Draw roof framing plan at 1/4” scale.
- Determine location and spacing of each truss or rafter and shall draw appropriately on the roof framing plan
- Appropriately dimension the frame dimensions and the location of roof openings
- Determine locations for double or triple framing members for unusual loads around openings
- Draw exterior elevations at 1/4” scale.
- Use floor plan to project vertical lines needed for elevations
- Use cross sections to project horizontal lines needed for elevations
- Locate and show all window and door openings on the exterior elevations
- Show grade lines and floor lines on exterior elevations
- Show material textures on all visible materials
- Add notes to call out all visible materials
- Draw foundation plan at 1/4” scale.
- Use floor plan to determine the footprint required for the foundation plan
- Draw the foundation wall lines (showing the thickness required), the footing lines, and drain tile lines as required around the perimeter of the foundation wall
- Show the location of structural beams, including beam pockets required
- Show location of columns and independent column footings
- Dimension foundation wall plan and shall include location of all structural beams and columns
- Draw construction details.
- Draw stairway head, landing, and foot details
- Draw handrail details
- Draw window head, jamb, and sill details
- Draw door head, jamb, and sill details
[Add to Portfolio]