Apr 23, 2018
ACC 285 - Professional Accounting CareersCredits: 2
Includes development of career materials to illustrate professionalism and accounting skills, and an integrated capstone accounting project. Recommended to be taken in the last semester of a student’s accounting program.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 227W with a C or better or permission of instructor.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate computer resources for the accounting profession.
- Use appropriate computer applications to prepare and analyze accounting work.
- Demonstrate the results of research concerning accounting career options, certification, job search techniques, and tools using the Internet and other sources.
- Develop a career/learning portfolio and other job seeking-tools using appropriate technology.
- Illustrate proof of learning based on Accounting Program outcomes.
- Use basic accounting concepts and terminology.
- Demonstrate an ability to process transactions in a paper or electronic accounting information system resulting in preparation of financial statements.
- Apply financial decision-making tools to various business problems or situations.
- Interpret Annual Report content.
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate to the accounting profession.
- Practice oral and written presentation and communication skills.
- Research opportunities and practice networking.
- Practice collaboration for projects and tasks.
[Add to Portfolio]