Sep 17, 2021
ACC 287 - Professional Accounting Careers ProjectCredits: 2
Instructional Contact Hours: 2
Includes participation in a project or simulation that summarizes and demonstrates accounting skill competency. Recommended to be taken in the last semester of the student's accounting certificate program.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 227W with a C or better or with instructor permission.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate learning based on the Accounting Certificate Program.
- Use basic accounting concepts and terminology.
- Demonstrate an ability to process transactions in a paper or electronic accounting information system resulting in the preparation of financial statements.
- Use Apply financial decision-making tools to various business problems or situations.
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate to the accounting profession.
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate computer resources for the accounting profession.
- Practice oral or written communication skills.
- Practice collaboration for projects and tasks.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)