Sep 17, 2021
ACC 286 - Professional Accounting Careers PreparationCredits: 1
Instructional Contact Hours: 1
Includes the development of career materials to illustrate professionalism and accounting skills. Recommended to be taken in the last semester of the student's accounting certificate program.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 212 with a “C” or better.
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate computer resources for the accounting profession.
- Demonstrate the results of research concerning accounting career options, certification, job search techniques, or tools using the Internet and other sources.
- Develop job seeking-tools using appropriate technology.
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate to the accounting profession.
- Practice oral or written presentation and communication skills.
- Research opportunities and practice networking.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)