Sep 17, 2021
ACC 222 - Research and Technical Writing for AccountantsCredits: 2
Instructional Contact Hours: 2
Includes the development of accounting research and technical writing for accountants.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 227W with a “C” or better.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate use of research techniques
- Effectively use research software
- Use various methods to research topics to formalize the correct course of action.
- Develop broad-based skills to be used in the accounting profession
- Illustrate proof of learning based on Accounting Certificate Program outcomes
- Use basic accounting concepts and terminology to assist with research
- Use basic accounting concepts and terminology to interpret findings.
- Demonstrate an ability to research situations and provide a suggested course of action.
- Apply critical thinking in researching accounting issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of critical thinking framework.
- Use critical thinking to explain the research and suggestive actions.
- Demonstrate technical writing skills with accounting applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate technically through writing
- Use technical writing skills to formulate a proper analysis of research.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)