Sep 17, 2021
ACC 221 - Advanced Data Analytics in AccountingCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 3
Extends data analysis concepts and their relevance in accounting. Includes the use of an advanced data analysis platform with the emphasis on presenting the results using predictive modeling.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 220 with a “C” or better.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Use data analysis tools (software) effectively.
- Use electronic spreadsheets, databases, or other current data software effectively.
- Create interactive visualizations of data information.
- Use an advanced data analysis application.
- Develop Predictive modeling graphics addressing accounting information.
- Create interactive visualizations of data that have predictive capabilities.
- Perform predictive information with multiple variables and changing factors.
- Communicate Data Visualization results.
- Explain data visualizations with regard to the related data.
- Formulate appropriate questions regarding the data visualizations.
- Answer appropriate questions regarding the data visualizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate results of data visualizations in an oral or a written format.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)