Sep 17, 2021
ACC 220 - Data Analytics for AccountingCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 3
Introduces data analysis concepts and their relevance in accounting. Includes the use of an electronic spreadsheet, databases, and advanced data analysis applications, with an emphasis on the meaning of results.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 212 and ACC 219 with a “C” or better.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Discuss data analysis concepts.
- Explain the concept of big data.
- Explain the relevance of big data to accounting.
- Explain the uses of data in accounting.
- Use data analysis tools (software) effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to use electronic spreadsheet software effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to use electronic database information effectively.
- Demonstrates the relationships between presentation graphics to data.
- Use advanced charting/graphing features of software to display data information.
- Create interactive visualizations of data information.
- Apply Critical Thinking to Data Analysis.
- Demonstrate understanding of a critical thinking framework.
- Use a critical thinking framework to explain data.
- Interpret Data Visualization results.
- Explain data visualizations in regards to the related data.
- Formulate appropriate questions regarding the data visualizations.
- Answer appropriate questions regarding the data visualizations.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate results of data visualizations in an oral or a written format.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)