Sep 17, 2021
ACC 218 - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)Credits: 1
Instructional Contact Hours: 3
Provides instruction in preparation of federal, state, and local individual income tax returns, including practical experience. Provides service to qualifying citizens within the tri-county district by preparing income tax forms and filing electronically. Requires 30 hours of service-learning. Credit may be earned in ACC 217 and ACC 218, or ACC 216W.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 217
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 30
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Analyze the characteristics of income tax returns.
- Describe components of all federal income tax returns.
- Describe components of state and local income tax returns.
- Demonstrate efficiency with income tax filing software.
- Complete IRS VITA certification successfully.
- Prepare income tax returns for individual taxpayers.
- Identify relevant tax issues for specific taxpayers through interview process.
- Apply constructive feedback from quality review process.
- Correct tax preparation errors through self-review process.
- Prepare federal, state, and local income tax returns using tax filing software.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)