Oct 18, 2021
CST 147 - Electronic Media CommunicationCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 3
Develops best practices for professional presentations and electronic media. Focuses on developing effective, professional media for different settings. Introduces cloud-based technologies to create electronic media and communicate ideas and information. Examines best practices for attribution, accessibility, usability and developing content for target audiences.
Prerequisite(s): READING LEVEL 2 AND WRITING LEVEL 2.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Produce context appropriate electronic media communications.
- Understand different contexts in which electronic presentations are most suitable.
- Identify the audience for a presentation when given the context and manner in which it will be presented and shared.
- Plan a presentation that is appropriate for the audience and context in which it will be used.
- Apply best design practices related to audience, context and venue(s) delivery.
- Develop appropriate content for target audience.
- Develop electronic media using a variety of applications.
- Research and gather resources for electronic media communication.
- Create unique electronic media and presentations utilizing a variety of applications and tools.
- Create supplemental presentation materials.
- Incorporate appropriate graphics and multimedia in electronic media.
- Apply best practices for media creation.
- Share electronic media using a variety of delivery methods
- Use social media and networks to share and promote electronic media.
- Share supplemental presentation materials.
- Apply best practices in for sharing electronic media.
- Optimize electronic media usability.
- Organize content to maximize the effectiveness of the presented information.
- Test media on platforms, browsers and devices to be used by intended audience.
- Explore usability strategies.
- Apply best practices for communication of electronic media and content attribution.
- Apply audience appropriate settings for security and privacy.
- Understand Copyright and Fair Use guidelines related to the use and sharing of electronic and other copyrighted materials.
- Apply appropriate copyright and licensing regulations of graphics and media content.
- Demonstrate attribution of sources for content, graphics and multimedia.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)