Sep 17, 2021
ART 201 - Introduction to Graphic DesignCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 6
Introduces the fundamental principles, practices, and software of current creative industries. Identifies, applies, and practices design foundations through a survey of common creative industry assignments introducing basic standard software program techniques. Credit may be earned in ART 201 or ART 171 but not both.
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 60
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Assess the foundations of digital technologies used in the current creative industries.
- Define computer technology vocabulary, history, and current opportunities in the creative industries.
- Construct critical dialogue and written analysis of contemporary creative industry works and student projects.
- Demonstrate fundamental industry software applications used in the creative industries.
- Describe and assess file types, image resolution, and the current desktop operating system for Macs.
- Introduce and apply the foundations of multiple industry standard software programs through a survey of common graphic design and digital photograply industry scenarios including digital photography, digital image manipulation, digital illustration, page layout design and web design techinques.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)