ACC 229 - Practical Intermediate Accounting
Instructional Contact Hours: 2
Presents accounting for assets, liabilities, and equity through practical application. Focuses on supporting schedules and reconciliation of the items in the financial statements.
Prerequisite(s): ACC 212 with a "C" (2.0) minimum grade
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Critically assess and execute the steps in the accounting cycle.
- Perform steps accurately in the accounting information system.
- Record a variety of business transactions.
- Use software to complete end-of-period reports.
- Demonstrate practical applications related to financial statement items.
- Complete supporting schedules and reconciliations accurately.
- Understand requirements for timely reporting to various outside entities.
- Communicate results and/or resolution to financial statement items.
- Identify internal control procedures.
- Understand the audit process and the professional's role in the process.
- Describe appropriate controls for assets.
- Maintain documents supporting internal control procedures.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)