Sep 17, 2021
ACC 110 - Introduction to QuickBooksCredits: 1
Instructional Contact Hours: 1
Introduces the use of QuickBooks to assist in the basic accounting function in a small business or office environment. This course is appropriate for students seeking to obtain basic accounting skills to add to their skillset. Designed for students working in office systems, small business management, skilled trades, or medical programs.
Prerequisite(s): MATH LEVEL 2
Lecture Hours: 15 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic data entry functions in QuickBooks software.
- Identify various sources and documents regarding accounts payable.
- Perform data entry for processing accounts payable.
- Identify various source documents regarding accounts receivable.
- Perform data entry for processing accounts receivable.
- Process cash reconciliation.
- Demonstrate the production of appropriate outputs regarding accounts payable and accounts receivable in QuickBooks.
- Produce checks from QuickBooks.
- Run accounts payable reports.
- Process deposits and other receipts.
- Run accounts receivable reports.
- Run reports for reconciliation.
- Demonstrate the production of appropriate reports from QuickBooks for an office environment.
- Produce monthly reports for documentation of transactions.
- Produce monthly cash-based financial statements.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)