Nov 30, 2020
CST 145 - Microsoft Word
Instructional Contact Hours: 3
Introduces Microsoft Word software. Teaches how to create, format, save, retrieve, edit, and print documents. Refines formatting and focuses on page layout and design.
Prerequisite(s): Reading LEVEL 3 and Writing LEVEL 3
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Use the components of the Word window.
- Use the Office button for file operations.
- Apply features found in groups with the tabs on the ribbon.
- Use and modify the Quick Access toolbar.
- Use screen tips and shortcut menus.
- Use basic document processing operations.
- Navigate through the document with the keyboard and the mouse.
- Use common keyboard shortcuts for file operations and formatting.
- Insert and delete text.
- Select text with the keyboard and the mouse.
- Use basic formatting of documents.
- Change font size and style and apply font effects.
- Set and use tabs, change tab types, and delete tabs.
- Change line spacing, margins, and indents.
- Insert page breaks.
- Apply bullets and numbers and border and shading to paragraphs.
- Use electronic tools to improve the quality of the document.
- Use the Help feature.
- Use and modify the spell checker.
- Use and modify the grammar checker.
- Use and modify Auto Correct options.
- Manage documents efficiently.
- Select documents at a file list box.
- Rename, delete, copy, and print documents.
- Create, delete, and rename folders.
- Copy and move documents.
- Enhance documents with special features.
- Insert symbols, special characters, date and time, and images.
- Use SmartArt to create diagrams and charts.
- Insert and format text boxes.
- Customize documents with advanced document formatting features.
- Use page breaks, section breaks, and column breaks in a document.
- Create, format, and edit newspaper columns.
- Create, format, and edit headers and footers.
- Create and print envelopes and labels.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert a table into a document.
- Enter text in cells.
- Insert and delete rows and columns.
- Perform calculations in a table.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)