Nov 30, 2020
ENT 131W - Entrepreneurship: Ideas & InnovationCredits: 3
Instructional Contact Hours: 3
Equips students with an understanding of entrepreneurial concepts and ability to navigate the challenges faced by entrepreneurs. Uses proven theory, methods, and models for innovation and new venture opportunity analysis to identify and analyze entrepreneurial opportunities, enhance entrepreneurial mindset, practice using the business model canvas, and conduct a feasibility analysis.
Lecture Hours: 45 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Explore the basic principles of entrepreneurship.
- Identify the characteristics of entrepreneurs.
- Identify the different types of entrepreneurs.
- Practice skills important to the process of entrepreneurship.
- Identify start-up opportunities.
- Identify strategies for idea generation.
- Understand the design-thinking process.
- Practice ideation skills.
- Choose a business idea with real market application.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial mindset skills.
- Define entrepreneurial mindset.
- Recognize the importance of having an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Practice using entrepreneurial mindset skills.
- Build business models
- Define the business model.
- Identify different types of the customer value proposition.
- Understand how to use the Business Model Canvas.
- Conduct a feasibility analysis
- Write a concept statement for the chosen new venture.
- Research market factors relevant to the new venture.
- Research financial factors relevant to the new venture.
- Analyze overall feasibility of the chosen new venture.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)