Jan 17, 2022
CPI 120 - Introduction To Process OperationsCredits: 2
Instructional Contact Hours: 2
Provides an overview of process operations including analysis of process flow sheets. Details description and analysis of operations as they involve reactors, distillation columns, heat exchangers, and other types of operations in the typical chemical plant.
Prerequisite(s): MATH LEVEL 5.
Corequisite(s): Concurrent enrollment in CPI 110 recommended
Lecture Hours: 30 Lab Hours: 0
Meets MTA Requirement: None
Outcomes and Objectives
- Describe the components of a chemical manufacturing operation. He/she will be able to differentiate between batch and continuous operations as well as providing detailed analysis of the following types of process operations: reactors, distillation columns, mass transfer and stripping, heat exchangers, pumps and fluid flows, evaporators/dryers, and material processing.
- Introduction to a chemical process
- Descriptions of typical processes
- Overview of process flow sheets and use
- Detailed description of typical components in the production of chemical products:
- distillation columns
- mass transfer
- heat exchangers
- pumps and fluid flows
- other operations (membranes, packaging)
- Analysis of complex process operations
- Safety issues involved with process operations
- Quality assurance issues involved with process operations
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)